Subject: No meter? Salgado !
From: clicio@clicio.com.br (Clicio Barroso)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 10:12:50 -3

Hello, all

It's a widely known fact in Brazil that Sebasti=E3o Salgado (brazilian)
uses Leica cameras and ...No meter!
Well, with a standard film, standard processing and experience, it's
quite easy to guess the time/aperture combination in a "normal"
environment. But what about those foggy backlights in very early
morning or late afternoon we can see in "Workers"and in "Terra"? And
the tricky ones, like inside factories, in oil drills, or inside poor
wooden houses?
Is it a trend among photojournalists? I mean, no meter, faster
pictures...