Subject: Re: Best film (slide and regular) for M3
From: ABreull@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 14:27:10 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 09.09.1997  03:39:10, schreiben Sie:

>Anyhow, I am really curious as to good types of file, both slide and
>regular, that I should use in the camera.

I do b/w pix (90%), and color slides (10%). Persons, landscapes (if no
persons are avialable), even some still lifes.

In b/w, I like the black parts really black, and the white parts very white
and brillant. So, I got the best results from Ilford's FP4 (125 ASA, exposed
at 200 ASA, developer: Rodinal - better for my intentions than Perceptol or
Microphen), or Kodak's Tri-X (400 ASA exposed at 400 ASA, Rodinal).
Enlargements on warm speed paper, grades: normal, hard, extra hard.

In color, I want to see the pix immediately, no mask, no negative material,
and no interpretation of the lab. Further I like the colors saturated,
intensive and a little blue. So, I use Ektachrome 100s (the 100sw  is too
yellow and warm for me), 100 ASA, exposed at 125 ASA. Further, the 200 or 400
Ektachromes are too flat in their colors (for my visual perception), and the
Kodakchromes are too neutral or too warm.

Alf