Subject: Re: 90 Tele-Elmarit-M Probs
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 22:04:47 +0100 (BST)

At 10:08 09/09/97 -0700, you wrote:
<snip>
>> Can one reasonably suppose that a lens
>> that still looks fine today is likely to remain so?  I have one that
>> I like very much, and shows no problems, so I'd like to know whether
>> I need to add "yet".
>
>How lucky do you feel?  Once it starts, the lens is dead.  I view the
>relube cost as very inexpensive insurance.
>Regards,
>Stephen Gandy

I need some feedback here if possible. Inside mine I can see, but only if I
look with a mini flashlight at an angle, that there is a very slight visible
speckling on one of the surfaces at the rear of the lens. Does this sound
like the problem we are talking about? (I knew I'd find a use for my 85/2
LTM Nikkor eventually...)

Joe Berenbaum