Subject: Tiltalls
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 01:56:27 -0600

LUGs,

I also own a Tiltall-type tripod of unknown origin. I bought it at a very
low price. It is black, and big, and stable. It does not have any markings.
How do I know that it is not one of the knock-offs?

The main thing I don't like about this tripod is that the levers have to be
unscrewed so that the thing can be stowed away in a tripod bag. Otherwise,
the thing has class. I love it, but it does not travel very much, because it
cannot fit in my suitcase. I mostly use a small Gitzo, 126, with a pre-war
Leitz head.

It seems that the Tiltall will be used more from now on. I am now spending
more time with my MF camera, an SL66. This thing demands a tripod and a good
one. This may sound like heresy on a Leica forum, but I am beginning to see
the world in a 57mm-by-57mm format. The Tiltall and SL66 appear to have been
created for each other.

By the way, does anyone have a quick tripod connector for an SL66?

I apologize to this forum for my, temporary I hope, loss of interest in
everything Leitz.

Best of Light,

Chris