Subject: Re: Noctilux 50/1 versus 50/1,2
From: Tom Kline <tkline@grizzly.pwssc.gen.ak.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:58:18 -0800

>However, I have never seen a lens-to-lens test and would be curious at the
>MTF data on both lenses.

Mod. Photo. did tests on both lenses. The 1.2 test as I recall only had
verbal assessments (e.g. very good) whereas the 1.0 test had both lines per
mm and verbal assessments. I recall some dashes in the 1.0 test at some
stops as these were below their criterion of acceptable.  Neither had MTF
data.
Tom

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph.D.
Research Scientist/ Diving Safety Officer
Prince William Sound Science Center
300 Breakwater Avenue, P. O. Box 705
Cordova, AK 99574, USA
907-424-5800