Subject: Re: Noctilux/flange to film plane
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 00:34:19 -0400 (EDT)

Joe B. (etal

   A little known problem sometime arises with wide apertures & the resulting
 shallow depth of focus due to the flange to film plane distance being off
more
 than 1/10 of a mm (that's only 1/250 of an inch).  I think a heavy squeezing
 of a zinc body can cause this & for critical work, you can test the d.f.
your-
 self with just a few test exposures or have a technician use a depth gauge
if
 you focus is off even slightly.  I have taken c.u. pix at f:1.0 where one
eye
 was in focus & the other out, so we are talking about a very close
tolerance.
******************************Marvin
Moss*************************************

<<
 Since then I have got the f.1.0 version and feel that I got the one that
 suited my needs best. My desire was to get maximum speed and maximum
 background blur in a 50mm lens, and f1.4 really wasn't doing it for me. F1.0
 seems a really good reason for getting the newer version! It is so nice to
 be able to use Kodachrome 200 handheld when others are using flash, or a
 tripod, or are watching me and wondering what the hell I'm doing with a
 camera in the dark. For someone such as myself who always likes to take
 pictures where the light is low, this lens is a gift. I haven't had it long
 but I know this lens had my name on it.