Subject: Speculations on new M:s
From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 16:35:37 +0200

I am contemplating to buy another M-body together with the Sum 35 Asph, but
I am hesitant because of LUG-rumours about eventual new M:s.
Sofar I have seen messages on the LUG about:

M6J at M6-price level
M6W(ide)
M6T(ele)
M6E(lectronic)

I dont like the idea of buying a current M6, only to see my dream camera
M6J introduced on the market in a few months.
I am not too impressed with the M6W concept, as I think that the eventual
wide angle frames (21-24-28) would give a too "flat" image. I prefer the
separate finders, that show the wide angle effects better. The M6T concept
is a rather limited camera  (50-75-90-135) unless Leica presents another 35
with "goggles".
The M6E would be a nice camera, to complete the mechanical M6-line with
auto exposure and extended flash automation.

Well, this is only speculations, but I am surprised that the LUG-mails
announcing these rumours never got any reactions on this list. Maybe it is
because they only are... rumours.
/Hans

Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se
Mirror URL: http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-24872/