Subject: Re: Noctilux 50/1 versus 50/1,2
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 11:50:08 -0400

At 11:54 AM 14-09-97 -0400, Marc wrote:
[snip]
>You've got to be kidding.  You clearly have me confused with one of these
>wealthy guys who can afford the Noctilux.  Not me, bunky.:  maybe the next
>time I win the lottery, but it's doubtful if I'll have that sort of jack
>until something on that order happens.  The f/1.2 lens routinely goes for
>around $5,000 when you can find one, the f/1 for $2,000 or so, used, again,
>IF you can find one.

I kick myself everytime I see a quote like the one above for the 1.2
Noctilux. I can recall a few years ago strolling into a Toronto Leica
dealer with my M6 and aspherical summilux (1st version).  The dealer
pointed out a 1.2 noctilux he had for sale in the low $2000 range (Canadian
dollars), and tried to entice me by pointing out that if I bought it I
would have the only two aspherical lenses made by Leica.  Now all I hear
are these astronomical quotes like the one above.   Those damn
collectors....  ;-)

Dan C.