Subject: Re: Perils of lenstesting
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 19:09:27 -0800

Erwin Puts wrote:
 Testing a lens gives a number of hard facts, which only
> imperfectly correlate with a person's liking or disliking of that lens.

Erwin,

Your comment is similar to my feelings about writers.  We can analyze
grammar, length of sentenses, syntax, even philosophical structure of
novels, but none of that tells me which writers speak to my
sensibilities.

And years ago I had an old, dearly loved Remington typewriter (remember
those???) much like Hemingway and company, but it just never would write
the Old Man and the Sea.

Maybe it needed adjustments.

"course, my Mac won't write such a book, either.  Maybe the next PowerPC
version though. . . . . . . .

Donal Philby
San Diego