Subject: Re:Commemorative Leica's(correction)
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:52:06 -0400

Marvin Moss  wrote:

>Who orders & pays for these commemorative cameras?

Leica Solms offered the possibility to Leica Dealers in Germany, Italy,
Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg and maybe more to buy LEICA M6 (mostly) at a=

lower price with a lens to be able to lend to interested customer.
But you understand that instead of lending, the dealers, in most cases,
resell
them immediately as collectibles with a premium.

>Is the original quantity ordered given away as gifts, like the "Royal
>Wedding"?

No

>Does Leica always make an over-run on purpose to create an "instant
rarity?

??

>Are these cameras ( outside of the engravings) any different from the
>normal?

NO

>Would you personally pay any extra money to obtain one?

No but I collect and use only regular camera and lenses (there is still o=
ne
of the "Benelux" at the FNAC in Brussels, but I think that the FNAC reall=
use it as a lended camera.)

I've never bough a special camera except the M6J, (and also the chrome
summilux made for the M6 traveler kit in 1994, before the new Summilux wi=
th
built-in hood).

Lucien
BELGIUM