Subject: How to adjust the rangefinder, was: Response from Leica
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:12:40 +0200

Ferdinand,

thank you for sharing the answer with us.
In my experience Leica has always been as helpful as possible. My M6 has a
slight vertical deviation and I wanted to remove the red logo sticker to
adjust it, since the sticker was not very tied either.

I called Leica to ask what glue to use, since I heard on this board about some
problems.
Guess what: the next day I had two logo stickers in the mail (and the info
about the new polfilter coming).

When I tried to adjust the finder I called Leica again (I didn't ask the first
time for advice) and they told me that adjusting the vertical alignment
1) needs special tools to adjust an excenter
2) changes the horizontal alignment

So I will rather bring it to somebody who can adjust it.

BTW: even the best cars need adjustment. It is different from a breakdown, and
my M6 still works well, can be used (even with the Noctilux).

christoph