Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC. Help with low light b/w and TMax
From: "Ken Lee" <leek@hbc.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 07:57:03 -0400

 >Is there anyone who can help me? I have tried using T-max 400 under low
 >light conditions, rated at 800 and developed in T-max or HC-110. The
 >negatives I get have very course grain and also high contrast. I would
like
 >to have more tones in my prints. With regards only to Tmax 400, is there
 >any way I can do this?

I find I much prefer the results I get with either TMX or TMX when I use
the TMAX-RS developer diluted at 1 to 7.  I use constant agitation in a
Jobo, so I don't know if the results would be similar with hand agitation.
A side benefit is the longer developing time is more forgiving with minor
time differences.

Ken