Subject: Digest Alternative - AOL...
From: Eric Meyer <74415.1305@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 12:12:21 -0400

To:  >INTERNET:Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Alf Breull and Jim Brick wrote:
  > Compared to the digest, (at least) AOL misses about 20%...

  >> AOL is a service that neither have I subscribed to,...

     The scary thing is that still, somehow, AOL seems to be a financial
success as the largest online service!  One hears so many terrible
things about AOL that its impending purchase of CompuServe has subscribers
very worried.  CIS has always been a much more satisfying and efficient
service, but I may soon be hunting for a good ISP myself.

     (Back on topic, I prefer the digest myself.  The individual messages
exhaust my mailbox capacity too quickly.)

              -- Eric Meyer.