Subject: Filters
From: Jack Gottlob <sam@injersey.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 05:45:38 -0700

I recently acquired an M6 with a 50mm lens.  Does a filter placed on the
lens degrade it's capabilities?  I'm a working photographer and have
always used a filter for protection.  They have saved my senses in more
than one occassion.
I have also noticed "Wetzler" in some of the lens ads.  How do these
lenses differ from other Leica lenses?
I'm going to have to complete the system with used lenses.  Would someone
kindly recommend a book which will tell me how to read the serial numbers
 to deturmine the age of the lens?
Thanks,
Jack