Subject: Re: ------------ MAIL ----------------
From: BBAIN@imnet.com (BBAIN)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:44:44 -0400

     Charlie:

           FWIW, I had an older 90mm 2.8 Elmarit (chrome) that may have had
     some internal reflection problems.  John Van Stelten did some digging
     and may have identified an issue with the diaphragm blades in mine,
     which were quite worn and shiny.  Whether the optical formula is the
     same, and a similar problem could arise in the newer lenses, I can't
     say,  but you might ask him.