Subject: Re: Marc's Book & Canon f:0.95 / reply
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 21:10:25 -0400 (EDT)

<<
 Marvin,
  Yes, there is an interest in Canon L lenses!
 I am one who uses L lenses and am very pleased with them.
  Lucian

 Lucian -
 You should by all means be pleased with them, since they
have aspherical surfaces the same as the Leitz glass but not
touted as such.  It is a repetition of associating the term
"Rare Earth Glass" with Leitz only when many other lens
manufacturers also use the Lanthanum glass.
Please do not quote me out of context - I said that they also
use aspherical & or rare earth glass - I did not say that the
optical quality is the same, better or worse than Leitz,
simply because I have no actual test information.  Check
with Irwin or Marc about this as I am only a user & collector
                                  of things Leica but also collect & use
"Alien" LTM lenses;
That is why Marc's new book is vital to my interests and
should be in the Library of all serious LTM afficionados.

Marvin Moss