Subject: Re: Canon f:0.95 (flare & IR)
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 03:16:25 -0400 (EDT)

   Does this flare occur when used with Infra-red film?
 During WW2, Leitz deveoped a f:0.85 monster with
 one element made of deep red glass for IR purposes
 From what I read, only 2 were ever made & the one
 that resided in the Wetzlar museum was stolen.
   Keep in mind that only the very center of the image
 has to be sharp and is usually marked with fiducial
 points.
 More to follow as I have just been chatting with an ex
 aerial photographer.

<<
 At 07:24 PM 23-09-97 -0500, you wrote:
 >At 02:37 PM 9/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
 >>know that the Canon 50mm / f:0.95 lens is still made today & is
 >>used by the CIA in preference to the Leica Noctilux?  More info
 >
 >Then the CIA is stupid (well...<g>), because that lens flares like crazy
 >and degrades the image.

 Maybe the CIA is only interested in getting the image, regardless of how
 nice it looks.