Subject: Off topic:help on enlarger
From: "Fantoni, Ernesto" <Fantoni@PHIBRED.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:31:35 +0200

After few months with a Leica M6 I came up to the decision to start to
develop and print B&W again (after 23 years). I've found this tool so
powerful and this list so stimulating that, without imediately
realizing, I'm now feeling the same enthusiasm and dedication I had in
my early photographic years and almost forgotten, but with the calm
consciousness of the middle age.
Briefly, I went up to my loft yesterday night and found out my old
enlarger, still in good shape in spite of the dust: it's a Durst M600,
capable of up to 6x6, but I'll use it only for 35mm.
Anybody knows this italian brand and model? Any comment?
Years ago I had pretty nice results, but the way to judge my work has
now completely changed (that damn Leica).
The lens is a Nikon 50/4:is the quality level acceptable?
Do you, guys, think should be better to use a Leitz lens to be
consistent with the camera ones?
Is this important in your experience?
Which Leitz lens would you suggest?Price?

And I forgot almost everything about the technique, but I don't want to
bother you with trivial questions (the memory will come up with the
practice). Just one, not to abuse your patient:
Any good book about darkroom technique to advise ?
What about Ansel Adams' The Print? Some more?
Any help will be apreciated
Thanks in advance

Ernesto