Subject: T400CN
From: Stephen Kobrin <kobrins@wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:37:24 -0400

I have shot four or five rolls of T400CN and have rated it from 800 to 200
or so.  I used it to do some available light shots of my cousin's kids at
800 this weekend (f2@50th) and was very pleased with the results. The
prints were a bit flatter and there was more grain than at 400, but they
are very printable.  I am not sure that I can differentiate between 400 and
200, although I suspect there is less grain and, perhaps, better rendition
of contrast when the film is overexposed by one stop.

I find that the film provides a fluidity and tonal range that is appealing
and, while it may just be me, handles contrast better than XP2.  While my
experience is very limited, I did find a wide variance among processors.
While the negatives were perfectly developed by all three that I tried, the
one that used Kodak's recommended paper (I cannot remember the type)
produced the best B&W machine prints I have ever seen.  Black blacks and an
excellent tonal range.  Again, my experience with this film is limited and
I am very far from an expert, but I really would try a few rolls of T400CN.

Steve