Subject: Re: Re[2]: Filters
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:42:26 -0700

On 24 Sep 97,  Jim Brick wrote:

<snip>
>All modern Leica lenses have UV filtering
> built-in and do not require yet another UV filter. If you want to use
> one to protect your lens from something (?) that's OK as most of the
> time it won't degrade your image very much.

Does putting a UV over a post 1965 Leica lens already having the UV
coating equal a skylight filter over a pre 1965 lens?  8^)

Silly, I know, but I *don't* know. I suspect that the coating is
different for skylight and UV, and that it just happens that the
skylight coating also reduces UV.

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people
      that they are right, whether they are or not.