Subject: Re: Who use Leica in the US ? Was: I stepped in the Pookie!
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:56:57 -0700

At 12:55 PM 9/26/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Alexander Koning wrote:
>
>>Since I was bitten by the Leica-bug more than one year ago, I looked
>>around me for other photographers with a Leica, just out of curiosity. I
>>never saw one! Maybe I didn't look good enough.
>
>During my three weeks travel in California, Utah , Nevada etc.., visiting
>S-F, Yosemite,
>Death Valley, Brice, Zion, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Hollywood,etc.. (some
>of the places the most photographied in the world) I have seen thousand of
>cameras and ...
>only 1 Leica M3 on a Japanese (together with a Contax G) and one R5 on a
>French.
>Is that all folks ?!
>Do you have only collectors in the US ?  :-)
>
>Lucien

Last month I participated in an automobile concourse in Monterey CA. This
is a week long event. Every hotel, motel, house, overpass, etc, for 100
miles around is booked. This is the largest event, each year, in this part
of CA. Several different concourses, historic auto races, exotic automobile
auction, etc, etc, etc... We are talking very exotic machinery here and
what seems like billions of people. There was even an exhibit of California
street rods from the 50's [A very warm spot in my heart :-) ]. I was there
for three days. There were cameras everywhere. I saw one Leica. An M6. A
Japanese family. Go figure!

Jim