Subject: RE: Ralph Gibson--Leica photographer
From: Jorg Willems <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 20:21:39 -0400

You got it right, Charlie.
It was October 1992 when Ralph Gibson shared some of his experiences at the
annual LHS meeting in Baltimore.  I don't remember that he said that he
uses always wide apertures, but I do remember that he stressed how
important it to return camera controls to the same position after you
shoot.  That means for the next picture focussing and aperture adjustments
are always turned into the same direction.
I agreed with the focussing but I disagree with the apertures.
 Particularly now since we have the T400CN and aperture does nothing else
then directs the grain size ;-)

Regards Jorg