Subject: Re: Off topic:help on enlarger
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 22:54:19 -0500

At 09:39 PM 9/27/97 +0200, you wrote:
>Unfortunately they (ofcourse) didn't test the Leitz 40 mm f 2.8
>WA-focotar lens. In the near future I like to have my own darkroom. For
>that reason I have to decide whether I should buy the eligble(?), but
>more expensive Leitz Focomat V35 or for example a Durst 605 with a
>Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon 2.8/50. I hope that my dear fellow luggers can
>help me out on this difficult choice.

Don't trust just tests! No matter who does them. Listen to people who have
actually used these things, and seem to know what they're doing.(Not just me!)

The ergonomics of the V35 is superb. It's so easy to use. The autofocus
alone is worth the price of admission. I had one for six years and not once
did I even have to refocus, even after moving 2,000 miles! I know that's
probably because I baby it, but I loved it. Just needed the money at the
time. (Divorce, don't you know!) No other enlarger is even close to being
as easy and fast to use. And the tonal modulation is gorgeous. I used it a
lot with Oriental Seagull VC paper and got amazing images with it.

You won't regret it. The only regret I have is Leica doesn't make them any
more. I wonder if they're coming out with a new one?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.