Subject: Re: Ralph Gibson--Leica photographer and fine art photography
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 08:46:58 -0700

On 29 Sep 97,  Steven L. Alexander wrote:

<snip>

>  Art is not easily described and codified but it is something worth
>  exploring and discussing.  I know this is not on topic,i.e., Leica's,
>  however some fine art photographers do use the magic box we all seem
>  to enjoy. I hope we do not abandon this thread.

Keep this thread going and I'll guarantee arguments down the road. To
continue a thread that is off topic, has no definition that can be
agreed upon and no possibility of a consensus opinion, is not going to
be good. Sooner or later Mapplethorpe and the useless NEA is going to
rear its ugly head and voila!

There are horses for courses and courses for horses. Take it to a
proper forum.

Shields up!

- --
Roger Beamon