Subject: Re: V35 Enlarger
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 12:08:21 -0500

At 05:41 PM 9/28/97 -0700, you wrote:
>an 8x10 on a dense neg (say 2-3 stops overexposed) can take 20-30 seconds
>at f4. I would like to be always using f5.6, but even normal negs can
>require very long burning in times for 8x10. Do Q-H bulbs get dim with age?
> Here in Northern California earthquake country, I doubt I could even do a
>16x20 between tremors!

Two to three stops! You one of those guys who doesn't use meters? :-)

Seriously, there is not need to use f/5.6 with the V35. It's optimum
aperture is f/4. Even at 2.8 it's more than adequate. With the glass
carrier, there's no reason to stop down beyond f/4, except to control
exposure. Or if you're using slides that aren't glass mounted.

I have the book "Leica Enlarging Practice" which is pretty much a big
manual for the V35. It's well worth getting if you have that enlarger. It
has detailed instructions for everything you need to know about that
enlarger, including the extension rings available and other accessories.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

 Give me ambiguity or give me something else.