Subject: Re: Autofocus Enlargers and focus calibration
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 23:41:09 -0500

At 09:04 PM 9/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I'd love a V35 BTW.  I just don't want or need autofocus enlargers for many
>of the same reasons I don't want a G2 instead of my M5 and M6.  Autofocus is
>probably why Leica quit making this machine.  They are expensive to make,
>finicky and, in the end, don't save the end user much time even when they
>are flawless!

But they do! I can't imagine going back to a non-autofocus enlarger after
using the V35. Being able to just go up an down 'til I get the right
cropping and no going up, refocus, going down, refocus, up again, refocus
and down again, refocus, etc. I am very particular in my cropping. I don't
do that black border around uncropped photos, which for most photographers
(not HCB) was a pretension, because many pictures I see could use some
minor, or major, cropping and losing black borders to do it is no loss
(except there's less flare!).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Borger King. Have it our way. Your way is irrelevant.