Subject: Re: Leica Hawaiian naked Haiku
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 22:40:44 -0800

Carl Socolow wrote:

> Some Haiku rules:
>
> 3-short lines
>      1-season word
>      1-cutting word
>      no rhyme or metaphor
>      (17 syllables, 5-7-5)

Carl
I haven`t heard of rule two   I did write to 17 syllables though and did
sort of add a season word (warm) though there isn`t much season here

BTW I own many books on haiku and zen and have read the entire four
volume set by RH Blythe--a masterpiece of artistry and scholarship
Only have one left from loaning them out and now they are out of print i
think

Thnks for the reminder

Donal Philby
Kauai Hawaii