Subject: Rangefinder alignment
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 05:35:58 -0600

From the thread on "Wisdom from the Usenet":
 And the Leica rep who admitted misalignment problems was, I believe,
talking about vertical misalignment that does not affect focusing accuracy.
>-Charlie

Could someone elaborate on this?  Why doesn't vertical misalignment affect
focusing accuracy?  Is it just me, or do others find it more difficult to
focus the Ms vertically than horizontally?  I usually find that for a
vertical shot, I first focus horizontally, then realign the camera
vertically for the shot.
   If the vertical alignment were off, and one were focusing vertically,
then why wouldn't it affect focusing accuracy?  I think that I need someone
to clarify how the rangefinder differs for focusing and for vertical
alignment.

- -GH