Subject: RE: Rangefinder alignment
From: "John Doherty S (Treasury)" <DohertyJ@mail.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 11:09:40 -0400

>Could someone elaborate on this?  Why doesn't vertical misalignment =
affect
focusing accuracy?  Is it just me, or do others find it more difficult =
focus the Ms vertically than horizontally?  I usually find that for a
vertical shot, I first focus horizontally, then realign the camera
vertically for the shot.<

I have the same problem and focus horizontally as you do.  I cannot see =
the double image when I hold my M3 in the vertical position with the =
viewfinder end up.  However, with the viewfinder end down, the double =
image is clearly visible.  I have assumed I get this result because I =
view with my left eye and can't get a proper angle when the camera is =
held thus.  =20