Subject: Re: Focusing SLR vs M
From: hmphoto <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 17:50:59 +0000

>I personally almost never use the
>ground glass for focusing because it's too slow and sometimes too hard.

Odd that you should say that as I regularly replace my screens with
ground glass as I find this much easier to focus.  To each his own.

I think it is more how you learn to see and shoot than anything else.  my
background is news and sports where critical fast focus and composition
is essiential so you do not have time to focus with the center thing then
recompose, you better be able to get it on the glass.

This is the one thing I have found the hardest adjustment in getting an M
camera.  But once you learn to deal with this the M is a fun camera to
use.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto