Subject: Re: Who use Leica in the world?
From: chris@chrismorrow.com (Christoper Morrow)
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 18:34:33 -0400

At 12:00 PM -0500 on 9/29/97, Eric Welch wrote:

> At 01:52 PM 9/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >simplicity in 35mm technology. When I worked in NYC I would inevitably see
> >folks using a thread or M Leica. All the pros had one -- usually with a WA
> >lens -- to hand, in addition to Nikons.
>
> In the movie "The Edge" with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin, Elle
> McPherson is carrying a Leica M6 in two of the scenes. And even uses it
> with the characteristic slight "click" of the shutter being quite accurate.
> Much better than Jurassic Park II's fake sounds of the Nikon F5 that scares
> a dinosaur.

Eric,

Several years ago I photo'd David Mamet for the Chicago TRIB in Mamet's ofc
in Cambridge, MA, and environs. I was using my Leica M6. Mamet told me his
then-wife had given it to him as a present. Since he's the author of "The
Edge", maybe they "borrowed it" for the movie?

Chris

Christopher Morrow
Christopher Morrow Photography		Canandaigua, NY
716.394.8810 phone			716.394.4953 fax
http://www.chrismorrow.com