Subject: Re: M6 versus M3 (and M2)
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 18:04:13 -0700

Am wondering why you prefer the M2 over the M6, Ken. I use M6 almost
exclusively for slides and really like the meter.  For B&W, I use either M3
or M2 with the clip on MR meter. Since most of the B&W is of people, I
enjoy the ability to meter the scene without lifting the camera to my eye
first. People just think I'm fiddling with the camera while I'm actually
taking an accurate reading in their direction.

However, I really like the rapid rewind of the M6 as opposed to the knob of
the M2/3. I also often forget to reset the film counter on the M2.
Therefore, I am working on a trade up to an M4 for the B&W, still giving me
the clip on meter but with more advanced film loading and rewind. Which
brings me back to the question - why the preference for M2 over M4?

Hope the above discussion helps out Alf, too. I've never regretted the M6,
which I purchased used about three years ago. She's still my favorite. I
probably like her almost as much as poor Ted's M6.

Gary Todoroff

> From: Ken Wilcox
>
> I started with an M4, then added an M6, then added an M2. I now use the
M2