Subject: Re: Weltanschauung
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 18:08:10 -0700

Hi Tina -

Must still be in slow mode from the flu to get into this one, but, hey, why
not? "Weltanschauung" is a wonderful German mouth exercise which sounds
impressive enough to be accompanied by a click of the heels and a smart
thump of a rubber stamp on official papers. It means world view or outlook
on the world.

Using it anywhere outside of Germany/Austria/Switzerland (who did I leave
out?) is probably almost as pretentious as those incomprehensible photos
you saw.

Great Calvin quote -  wish the cartoon was still around. . .

Gary
> From: Tina Manley
>
> LUG guys:  All right all of you German speakers - What does
Weltanschauung