Subject: M3 vs. M6
From: Stephen Kobrin <kobrins@wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 12:57:30 -0400

Thanks for all of the comments about M6s versus M3s.  I am going to stick
with my M3; I like the big viewfinder and its robustness.  Given that the
wide angle frame lines are not that critical for me -- I use my 50mm and
90mm more than my 35mm -- the cost of "trading up" is just too much to pay
for TTL metering.  Last, and I suspect most important, I know that I would
really regret letting go of the M3 the minute I did it.

It is really great to be able to ask a question like this and get serious
and well informed -- if not always consistent -- answers from all over the
world.  Most people I know think I am nuts to spend all that money on a
camera that does not do anything but take pictures!

Steve