Subject: Blue filter
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 18:20:37 -0800

LUGnuts:
I emailed some of the comments about focusing and blue filter to Gene
Nocon and he said he would prepare a response this weekend for me to
pass on to the LUG.

He added:

"Interesting how the Blue Filter Focus causes such a stir.  In England
this caused such a sensation the Chairman of Ilford came to my lab to
visit and see for himself.  In fact, in my book it was he who focused
the image for the prints discussing this issue."

It will be good to hear his thoughts.  Gene grew up in San Diego, but
became enamored with Europe while in the US Army in Germany, married an
English woman and set up shop in London.  Returned to US several years
ago.  He is a gentleman, lots of fun, and more than willing to pass on
his knowledge.  And you should see the prints, from photographers all
over the world, in his lab.

And he even prefers to print pix taken with Leica.

Donal Philby