Subject: Re: Find the Leica shot (was Who's not so bright......)
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 13:55:16 -0700

On 10 Oct 97,  hmphoto wrote:

<snip>

> Speaking of R6es does anyone have a good clean one they want to
> unload?  I am in the market for one with motor and grip.  Also what is
> the difference between the 6 and 6.2?

Knew there was something that I forgot to do the other day. Rest
assured, I'll be at Reba's side shortly.

Meanwhile, the 6.2 has a redesigned faster shutter allowing it to go to
1/2000 sec. Let's see, that and I think the shutter knob is raised a
tad higher making its operation a bit easier and faster. STM that there
was one other difference, but darned if I can remember. Ah, just
remembered. The 6.2 has a magnifying lens over the frame counter window
allowing old eyes to better read the current frame number.

Except for the 1/2000 sec. the differences are small, and the R6 can be
found in EX+ to MINT condition more easily at much less cost.

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America