Subject: Re: Repair now or later
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 18:22:17 -0400 (EDT)

      David - the important thing about maintaining any camera that  uses
      a battery is to remove them completely when the camera will not be
      used for several months or more.
      Practically all of the Leica shutters will hesitate or be erratic when
not
      used for years and sometimes just exercising them a few times a year
      will be enough and yet I have had Leicas that were not used for as long
      as a dozen years and still performed well.  Its the same with humans;
      some can do no exercise & stay healthy, while others need to work out.

      Marvin

<< Some problems like meter problems on the
      M5, SL or SL2 can wait until I need it because the problem would not
      get worse as far as I understand.  I am more concerned about the
      shutter problems.  As they get older, the shutters get more dried with
      more serious problems and request more money to fix.  Anybody has any
      idea?

      Regards,
      David