Subject: Re: Those Silly R8 Screens!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:56:23 -0400

Roger Beamon wrote:
<<<<Ah, you finally lit the light bulb. I finally understand your greater,
than most, reliance on the motors.>>>>

<<<<Did you lose sight in your right eye during your life or were you born
without it?>>>>>

Hi Roger,

It developed during my youth and gradually deteriorated as I grew older.
There is some vision, but basically I'm considered blind in the right eye.

And yes for me I have always been frustrated with my M cameras of whichever
model, as I have to take the camera away from my eye to re-cock and
advance. And I have yet to use a winder or find one that works "quietly" or
efficiently on the M6.  Maybe some day. :)

Although it is a hindrance while using cameras, M or R. It is an asset, as
I "see" differently than the unfortunate folks with two perfect eyes!:)
I've learned to see in a different plane if you like, with elements fitting
together as photographs and composition, in many cases without me even
thinking about it.  They are just there and I shoot!

Many think it is a handicap, but I consider it the one element that sorts
my work out from others with perfect eye sight or certainly the ability to
use both eyes.

ted