Subject: Re: What is a Leica
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 11:22:28 -0400

At Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:08:28 +0200. Alfred Breull wrote:

> At 18:57 14.10.1997 -0400, Bob wrote:
>
> >About 10 years ago I bought an FM exactly for that reason; and it has
> >never disappointed me[...]
>
> Exactly the same reasons & decision as me, Bob.
> BTW, I like the 2/35, 2/85, 2.5/105, and the 55 mm Micro Nikkor also.

So, y'all have no problem with the backwards focus and aperture rings on
Nikons?  I bought a Canon a few years back partly on the theory that that
would make me insane.  Was I thinking too much?

(FWIW, the rest of the the reasons included how remarkably quickly one can
work with the EOS-1, and the strides Canon seemed to be making with zooms.
But while I remain impressed with the the awesome effectiveness of the EOS-1
as a picture-taking machine, I still don't really *like* it...  it tends to
collect a patina of dust while my M6 collects scuffs and fingerprints and
pictures.)

- -J