Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #687
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 20:25:35 -0400

At 12:27 PM 15-10-97 -0400, I wrote:
>This last point is debateable.  I have seen several comparisons of the F5's
>metering with the R8, and they find that the differences, if any, are in
>the R8's favour.  I'm talking about real world picture taking tests, not
>laboratory tests.

In fact (if you don't mind my replying to my own post), I have been known
to load up my Minolta 9xi with chrome film, set the camera to Programmed
automation using matrix metering, and shoot willy nilly, letting the camera
do all the decisions for me.  In all the times I have done this, I can't
recall ONE poorly exposed frame.  Virtually 100% successfull.  How can
either the F5 or R8 beat that?

Dan C.