Subject: Re: Hypericum
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 11:03:47 +0200

Prozac - evidently, you don't know so much about this special selective 5-HT
re-uptake inhibitor Fluoxetine, which is known in the US as "happy pill" and
still brings a lot of $$ from stupid in-believers.

Fluoxetine is neglected in Europe's psychiatry, because of it's reduced
efficacy in several types of depression compared e.g. to the tri-cyclic
Amitriptilyne. Fluoxetine produces irritation, agitation, vomiting, anxiety
in 10 to 25 percent of the patients - and killed several persons in the
combination with other drugs (e.g. MAO inhibitors).

There are more mild ways to prove your knowledge, Jim.

Alf
(enjoying, that you're humble know and eat dirt outside)