Subject: Rollei T w/Xenar
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:46:33 -0400

At 01:04 PM 10/16/97 +0100, Krzysztof Szecowka wrote:
>I have found the right answer. I just bought mint Rolleiflex T (just for
>the cost of Leica Summicron 50/2). Perfect lens (Schneider-Kreuznach
>Xenar 75/3.5 - according to MJ Small the same performer as Oberkochen
>Tessar) , no mirror vibrations and the whole history behind.

The final run of the Rolleiflex T Type 3 was made for the Royal Navy:  the
Carl Zeiss Tessars had run out, and Oberkochen was unwilling to do just a
small run, so the JSK Xenar was substituted.  These cameras were surplused
in the late 1980's and have become relatively rare collectibles.  Only
2,500 were made, and it is believed that only 2,000 survive.

Yes, the Xenar is a Tessar, just one made by a different company.  Same
design, same formula.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!