Subject: Re: And R8 hint of the future?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:57:09 -0500

At 04:29 AM 10/16/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I hope the issue of the winder will give us all pause to wonder about a
>digital back coming soon.
>
>Pete Myers

Pete, we can dream, can't we? :-)

Leica already has a digital camera that takes M and R lenses. But it's very
anti-Leica in that it's not portable. But the pictures are something like
75-100 megs each! :-)

I'd love to have a digital back on my F5. I've been told me a Kodak
technician that no one wants to invest the million dollars it will take to
put on on the F5. But rumor has it Marty Forscher's Professional Camera has
already done it, and they will be out soon. Let's hope.

But Leica is smart to keep the motors off the body, that makes it a much
better platform for digital imaging.

By the way, I'm using digital right now with a company pool camera, and
will be almost 100 per cent digital in January. But I bought a Leica M6 and
35 Summilux Aspheric to back me up where digital suffers the most. And
personal work.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

God is REAL, unless explicitly declared INTEGER.