Subject: Re: More adventures with the R8 (long)
From: ChipZHZ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 00:15:39 -0400 (EDT)

I went from a 4 and 4Sp to the 8.  With my very limited skills, the R8
produced significantly more properly exposed prints(using Reala, Pro
100,NPS).  On vacation in Yosemite I shot the same areas with the R8 and
greatly improved accuracy. I am pleased and perhaps suprised. While waiting
for the 8 to come I read the Nikon F5 brochure about a hundred times on their
1005 pixel matrix. I bought the 8 knowing I could return it for the 5, that
thought vanished after the first roll....Then I saw several reviews,
including some posted here that the 1005 pixel matrix produced results like
the previous Nikon matrix and on par with the R8. In extremes, the Nikon
manual suggests shifting to spot. The R8 matrix seems equivalent to the Nikon
and that was the only interest I had in the 5. I have gotten used to the
looks

chip.....