Subject: Re: Hypericum
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 22:33:07 -0700

At 06:57 AM 10/17/97 +0200, you wrote:
>Let's keep it that way, since it's no LUG stuff.
>
>We both know, that all selective 5-HT re-uptake inhibitor (sorry, it's this
>way!), Fluoxetin included, are hardly accepted in Europe's psychiatry
>because of their inefficacy in the therapy of depressions compared to
>Tricyclics, despite of their different side profile, including "unpleasant"
>changements in blood and liver parameters.
>
>And we both know also, that L*** pissed on physicians or patients, when
>Feighner showed (in 88 ?), that 5 mg are almost as efficient as 20 mg.
>Despite the far severe side effects, the 20 mg capsules were thrown on the
>(at least: German) market - just because the stuff was produced already
>(before the official permission of the German BGA).
>
>Additionally, there are so many _and_ fundamental mistakes in - to be fair:
>let's say - both mother companies' marketing strategies, that there will be
>no - at least: no near or middle - future for those drugs in Europe.
>
>Alf

Alf,

You know... I really didn't mean to start a whole new LUG sub group! I was
really and truly joking. American humor. We all know that you are a really
smart guy, but this stuff ended a while back. So please be kind enough to
not depress us with the finer points of depression resurrection. This is
the LUG (Leica Users Group), not the PUG (Psychiatric Users Group). Perhaps
this post was a mistake. If so, OK. We all push SEND at the wrong time now
and again.

Enjoy your Leica. I enjoy mine.

Jim and others.

* Jim Brick, ASMP, BIAA                 *
* Visual Impressions Photography        *
* Visual Impressions Publishing         *
* two M/Viso/R7's, a gaggle of glass    *
* one Linhof Field View, a pod of glass *
* and some other reasonably cool stuff  *
* Looking for a CL s/n 139... or higher *