Subject: Re: shutter speeds
From: Michael Bell <MBell@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 11:12:36 +0100

"Garbutt, Robert" <RGarbutt@ncrpexec.telstra.com.au>

>Alf,  I agree.  I find nothing more encouraging than someone walking up
>to me while photographing and saying "It'll never work".  The heart of
>an image may not need tack sharpness in any case, and the rule makers
>have no inkling of your intentions.

When I am taking available light pictures I often get folks that ask,
"Don't you need a flash?"  I'm sure many of you get this too.  I usually
just mumble something about slow shutter speeds and/or fast film.  But if
my wife is around she'll say "He can do it because it's a Leica!"

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu