Subject: Re: Visoflex / Jim / Marvin
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 19:48:58 -0700

On 17 Oct 97,  Danny Gonzalez wrote:

<snip>

> Upshot is that Usenet is no different than the LUG. There were no
> truly irresponsible replies and the overall opinion of the camera is
> exactly identical between the dreaded Usenet and the cognitivly
> dissonant LUG.
>
> Only one post delivered poor info (a man spoke of the CL as lacking in
> currently available repairability) and so, especially considering this
> weeks LUG-hell, it seems that  there really is little difference
> between venues.

Danny, you're only giving the result of one experience on Usenet. Every
venue has its good and bad moments. Why do you leave out the numerous
cases where you have become involved in full blown flame wars there?

As was pointed out, the recent dissention here was scholarly, mild and
ephemeral next to that which is nearly a constant on Usenet.

That said, though I dislike today's Usenet compared to what it was only
a few years ago, I champion its existance as a home for those unable
to act in a civilized and gentlemanly manner in their intercourse.
Keeps 'em outa our hair!

Believe me, there's a huge difference in venues!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America