Subject: Re: Usenet hell and the Leica CL
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 21:50:55 -0700

On 18 Oct 97,  Danny Gonzalez wrote:

>(Though I've got to say both Alf and Oddmund and possibly MJS may
feel otherwise).

Alf, at least, sticks in there after something springs up as a result
of his existance on the list. Oddmund, by contrast, hits and runs!

<snip>

>Noise level to noise level, offtopic (and silly) discussions seem
>just as common to both.

Ok, your opinion, mine differs with regard to silliness. It's only
recently that silliness has manifested itself here (in the guise of
humor) Off topicness [sic], however, is rising by the week. The "humor"
and off topic stuff is supported by those who want their entire
photographic and list requirements met by one list. I think you (and I
know I) read as many dedicated lists as necessary to satisy our needs.
Dedication is why I subscribe to lists. But, that's old news to those
who have heard this rant from me before.

Sad thing is that the pioneer of the Usenet photographic groups, Bob
Atkins, is not able to handle his own creations anymore and has
vanished therefrom. AFAIK, he's hanging out on Bob
Greenspun's website exclusively now.
- --
Roger

   Thought for the day: