Subject: Re: 35 & 50 M lenses??
From: newport_m@utpb.edu (Mark Newport)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 97 08:10:14 -0700

>At 11:46 AM 18-10-97 CDT, Richard H. wrote:
>[snip]
>>
>>I need information about the 35/1.4 made since 1961, I believe, from
>>actual users.

I have a mid-80's 35 Summilux and really like it.  I like the heavier mount
more than my mid-80's 35 Summicron which seems kinda cheap next to the
Summilux.  Does anyone know why Leica did this?   I do like the closer
focusing of the Summicron, and the fact that I can put a filter on front.
My Summilux compares favorably with the Summicron at most apertures but is
slightly soft at 1.4.  Dick Gilcreast has written a wonderful LHSA
"Viewfinder" article on the 35/1.4. It's online at:

http://wanda.pond.com/~lhsa/spotarticles.html

There are a number of other good articles there also.

BTW The Summicron has loosened up to the point that it rattles. Anyone have
any suggestions (w/ phone #'s) on a good repair shop to tighten it up ?

Thanks

Mark