Subject: shutter speeds
From: Robert Rose <RJR@usip.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:14:55 -0700

<<Because no flash goes off, there is no focus light and no focus and
winder buzz, maybe once again people will not realize that they are being photographed with a Leica.>>

Absolutely.  But I have found that the "magic" lasts only a few seconds.  Leave the camera up near your face too long fumbling with the focus and it is lost; they will turn and face you and grimace.  Raise, shoot and lower, and indeed the subject doesn't even feel that a picture was "taken."  BTW, I have heard my wive say the same thing, "Oh, don't mind Bob, that old camera was made before they invented flash."  :-)

Bob